Stuck in a rut and looking for stay at home date night ideas? You’re in the right place. Read on for date night inspiration.
Play mixologists and have a cocktail-making stay at home date
Put your teamwork to the test with a fun-filled cocktail-making night for your stay at home date. Gather up your ingredients, such as spirits, mixers, ice and garnishes, before getting to work creating your own masterpieces. While you’ll no doubt have some delicious drinks at the end of it, you’ll have loads of fun while you’re mixing – double win. Just don’t forget to stock up on Polar Cube Ice before you begin, nobody likes a warm cocktail!
Some of our favourite cocktails that’d work well for a stay at home date cocktail making session include:
- A You and Me – a vodka-based cocktail offering the perfect way to get your love on
- A Pink Pineapple Passion – a scrumptious blend of gin, Campari bitters and pineapple juice. A must-try.
- A Vanilla Pleaser – a bitter sweet vanilla treat!
- An Espresso Martini – because every stay at home date night needs one.
Have a hotel experience stay at home date
You don’t need to shell out hundreds for a posh hotel room to enjoy the hotel experience. In fact, you can recreate the magic in the comfort of your very own home. Some hotel date night ideas include:
- Gather together miniature, luxury toiletries and place them in the bathroom.
- Opt for smooth, crisp bedlinen
- Play room service and create your own hard copy menu, leaving it on the bed
- Use scented candles to recapture old memories and set a positive vibe – musky blends often work well
- Create your own bedroom mini fridge, full of fancy drinks and luxurious snacks
- Plan a fancy breakfast in bed, serve on a tray with everything you and your partner could possibly want.
Have a stay at home date tasting party
One of our favourite stay at home date night ideas is to have a tasting party. Pick any theme, which for example could be gin tasting or cheese tasting, and:
- Have a variety of different types and flavours at ‘tasting stations’, where you can make notes and compare
- Decide whether you’re having a blind or open tasting session. In blind tastings, the contents are disguised so you don’t have any preconceived notions
- Choose complementing food and drink – whether your stay at home date tasting session is for food or drink, make sure your menu choices flatter each other
- Before your stay at home date starts, set the table and arrange the samples in tasting order, moving from more mildly flavoured items to those with stronger flavours. If you try the stronger flavours first, you might not notices the subtleties of the milder varieties.
Go stargazing in the garden
Discover the true beauty of the night’s sky from the comfort of your own back garden with a night of stargazing. There are tonnes of things you can see with the naked eye alone, from the constellations of meteor showers, to the band of the Milky Way. Some tips include:
- Buy a pair of binoculars which is cheaper and easier than using a telescope
- Wrap up warm – lots of thin layers work well
- Get a romantic, cosy blanket to lie on while you look up at the sky
- Let your eyes adjust – just a quick glance at your phone could hamper your night vision
- Ensure you’ve got your food and drink by your side, you don’t want to miss anything!
Go through old photos
If a soppy date night ideas are your kind of thing, you’ll love this one. Get all your old photos out of you and your partner and go for a trip down memory lane. If you’ve got time, you could even sort them into chronological order so you can see your journey so far.
- Choose food and drink that’s easy to nibble while you flick through your albums
- Consider batch cooking cocktails before the date night so you’ve got more time to focus on the photos
- If you’ve been waiting to make photobooks of special moments like your wedding, now is the perfect time to do it!
Now you’ve read our top 5 date night ideas, don’t forget to read our stay at home date checklist here.