Need ideas for ice buckets? Look no further – here’s our top five display ideas perfect for your bottles, pre mixed cans and pre mixed cocktails.
If you’ve heard the term ice bucket, beers and ciders will no doubt spring to mind. But, did you know, it can also make a fantastic centrepiece for those summer events when pre mixed cocktails are aplenty?
With a little creative thinking, you can create a beautiful display from just a few things – so there’s no need to go crazy and spend hundreds on table décor. And if you’re preparing to host a big gathering, the idea of reducing your hosting costs might be music to your ears.
Here, we’re going to take a closer look at some creative ice bucket display ideas, perfect for your summer wedding, BBQ or dinner party.
Top three ice bucket ideas for your next shindig
1. The floral ice bucket
Let’s face it, pre mixed cans and pre mixed cocktails can be super convenient. But they don’t always look the part, especially at a fancy dinner party. The good news is, there’s a simple way to make them look fantastic, and that’s by making a floral ice bucket. It’s the ideal way to keep drinks cool, to stand out on your table and it can even be made to match your party’s theme.
1. Fill a plastic bucket with two inches of water and freeze until solid – this usually takes four to five hours.
2. Place another bucket inside the centre of the bucket and weigh it down with something heavy, like rice.
3. Layer the outside of the inner bucket with your choice of flowers, herbs or cocktail garnishes and then fill the outer bucket almost to the top with water.
4. Freeze for around five hours, ideally overnight.
5. Once it has frozen and is solid, remove the inside bowl.
6. To remove the bucket from the mould, you might need to run some warm water over it for a few seconds.
7. Put the floral ice bucket on a lipped tray and fill with Party Ice. Voila, you now have your floral ice bucket!
2. The watermelon ice bucket
The ultimate ice bucket for a summer bbq, this watermelon bucket is a super easy way to chill your drinks. All you need is a knife, a scoop and some Party Ice.
1. To ensure your pre mixed cocktails and other drinks don’t fall out, make sure you find a large watermelon that will stand upright on its own.
2. If necessary, remove a thin slice of the bottom of the watermelon to keep it steady.
3. Cut a lid from the watermelon, in the same way you’d take the top off a pumpkin.
4. Remove all the watermelon interior. We find an ice cream scoop particularly handy for this job! Leave around 2 inches of watermelon surrounding the shell.
5. Rinse and dry the inside of the watermelon ice bucket and leave until you’re ready to serve.
6. When you’re ready to put the drinks out, place alternating layers of drinks and ice. Or if you’re watermelon isn’t big enough to do that, place the drinks in first and pour the ice in around them.
3. The ultimate upcycled ice bucket
This one’s perfect for pre mixed cocktails and cans because you can fit loads in! It all revolves around finding an old wheelbarrow, giving it a clean and filling it to the brim with ice. The best bit? It’s moveable, so you can take the drinks to your guests in style!
1. Find an old wheelbarrow and give it a good clean.
2. Make sure it’s dry, before putting a layer of Party Ice in.
3. Arrange your pre mixed cans, beers, ciders and pre mixed cocktails in the barrow and fill with more party ice, making sure the drinks are nicely nestled.
4. Top up throughout your event as required.
Ice buckets – not just for beers and ciders!
So, now you have some ice buckets inspiration for your pre mixed cans and cocktails, you don’t need to worry about how to keep your drinks cool. The only thing you need to do is go rummaging in the shed for an old wheelbarrow…oh, and buy some Party Ice of course!