Wondering what to serve a vegan guest at your next dinner party? We’ve got you. Read on for our top three vegan dishes that are sure to tantalise their tastebuds.
Three easy vegan recipes that taste amazing
1. Beetroot and red onion tart
If you’re looking for a showstopping centrepiece, this one’s for you. Offering a delicious synergy of sweet onion and tangy beetroot, it makes a delicious meal for your vegan guest and carnivores too!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- x500g beetroot, cut into wedges
- x1 small red onion, cut into slices
- x4 tbsp’s olive oil
- x3 tbsp’s rice wine vinegar
- x3 tbsp’s soft brown sugar
- x3 star anise
- x1 sprinkle of flour, for rolling
- x600g block vegan puff pastry
- The zest of one orange
- x1 handful of rocket salad
1. Preheat the oven to 200° Place the beetroot and onion, half the olive oil, vinegar and sugar in an oven proof dish and toss together. Add the star anise and season well.
2. Roast the mixture in the oven for around 40 minutes.
3. Roll the pastry to around 0.5cm and put into a flan dish. Blind bake for around 15 minutes.
4. Add the vegetables and cook for around 30 minutes, until the tart is cooked and the pastry fluffy.
5. Serve with a side of rocket, season and enjoy!
Drink pairing: Sloe Gin Lemon Fizz.
2. Whole roasted harissa cauliflower
This Middle Eastern whole roasted cauliflower vegan recipe is a spicy taste sensation that looks amazing too! Pair with some vegan houmous, salad and fresh veggies for one of the tastiest vegan dishes.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
x1 whole cauliflower
x1 handful of sliced almonds
For the cauliflower marinade:
x2 tbsp’s harissa paste
x2 tbsp’s oil
x2 tsp’s smoked paprika
x1 tsp cumin
x1 garlic clove
x1/2 a lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c. Mix the marinade ingredients together in an oven proof dish and place the cauliflower in it.
2. Put the cauliflower in the oven with a layer of foil over the top and cook for around 30 minutes.
3. Take the foil off for the last ten minutes and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
4. Serve whole on the table alongside a mezze of delicious Middle Eastern food.
3. Asparagus and lemon spaghetti with peas
This healthy dish is perfect for your carb-loving vegan guests. With zingy lemon and crisp peas, it’s definitely one to add to your summer hosting menu.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
x160g wholewheat spaghetti
x200g asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into lengths
x2 tbsp’s grapeseed oil
x3 leeks, cut into thin lengths
x2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
x1 tsp garlic
x180g frozen peas
x1 lemon zest and juice, plus wedges to serve
1. Boil the spaghetti until al dente and add the asparagus for the last few minutes.
2. In a separate pan, fry the leeks, chillies, garlic, peas and lemon zest in the oil for a few minutes.
3. Drain the pasta and mix with the leeks mix, serving with lemon wedges.
Vegan recipes don’t have to be tricky!
Thinking of vegan recipes might leave you stumped, but with a bit of inspo cooking for a vegan guest can be a breeze! If you’re having a BBQ, check out our BBQ vegan recipes here.