Next month sees the official start of summer and hopefully much more sunshine! There’s truly no joy like the first time you hear the ice cream van on a hot day, but why should the fun stop there? This summer we’re stocking up on frozen treats because we’ve created some delicious ice lolly inspired cocktails that are the perfect partner to any BBQ.
From tangy, fruity tipples to classic creamy cocktails, these delicious frozen drinks are guaranteed to keep you cool this summer but be warned, after one you’ll struggle to resist another!
Twister Lolly Cocktail
x 2 handfuls Frozen pineapple
x 3 handfuls Party Ice
x 1 large scoop vanilla ice cream
x 50 ml White Rum
x 1 Handful Strawberries
x 1tsp caster sugar
x 2 twister lollies
x 2 cups watermelon and lime Old Mount Cider
x Juice of half a lime
x 25ml Midori
x Drop of green food colouring
1. 1. Add strawberries, caster sugar, 25ml white rum and one twister lolly to a blender with a handful of Party Ice and blend until thick. Set aside in the freezer till serving time.
2. Next, add 2 handfuls frozen pineapple, 1 large scoop of vanilla ice cream, 25ml white rum and 50ml pineapple juice to a blender with a handful of Party Ice and blend until thick. Set aside in the freezer till serving time.
3. Then, add 2 cups of watermelon and lime cider, 25ml midori, the juice of half a lime and a drop of green food colouring to a blender with a handful of Party Ice and blend until thick. Set aside in the freezer till serving time.
4. To serve, layer your cocktail starting with the green cider layer, then the pineapple and continue till the glass is nearly full. Finish with the strawberry layer on top.
5. Serve with a twister lolly on top and enjoy!